On your route to Abha, Saudi Arabia, why not pause at Art Street and take a tour of the creative and cultural? The major section of Art Street, sometimes referred to as the 'art core,' extends over 200 meters off the King Khalid Road in the Al Muftah hamlet of Abha and is home to about ten art galleries, a theatre that hosts various events, and celebrations, and a variety of premium eateries and cafes.
- The story behind: The concept was developed by artist Awad Al-Zarib, who was successful in having his proposal approved by the Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage. As a result of its successful launch, Abha Street was named 'Arab Tourism Capital of the Year' by the Arab Organization for Tourism in 2017. The idea was to help artists connect, network, and display their work, and the wide promenade extends past different government buildings on its way to Abha Dam Lake. It is a beautiful spot to wander because it has so much to see, from colorful flowers to the famed Umbrella Street.
- The aesthetics: The 250-meter-long works of art, located in the heart of the city of Abha, are covered by a roof made completely of colorful umbrellas illuminating at night to brighten the surrounding area. The gorgeous surroundings and the extensive artificial lighting complement Art Street's dynamic energy beautifully. The neighborhood is illuminated at night by jacaranda trees, local artwork, dazzling lights, and other decorations that border the road, making for a lovely backdrop.
- A collaborative point: Families frequently visit Art Street to decompress and unwind, but it's also an important landmark where artists and art fans may interact. Every summer, visitors to this region include artists and art enthusiasts who come to view the works of the talented locals.
- Sensorial play: While many locals and visitors visit Art Street to see the creativity on display, there are other activities and locations to check out there. For instance, children will have the opportunity to learn how to sketch from different artists, in addition to a theatre that is well known for hosting competitions and events.
- Refreshments to your rescue: There are also many dining options, from upscale sit-down restaurants to food carts selling mouthwatering local street food.
- Festive all day every day: On Art Street, celebrations are frequent, especially in the summer and around Eid. It is a wonderful spot to wander because it has so much to see, from colorful flowers to the famed Umbrella Street.
- Take yourself out for a date: If you're traveling with a friend, purchase some coffee and stroll down Al Saad Walk. The lush vegetation, illuminated artistic ceilings, and fragrant fresh flowers will make you feel like a king or queen.
- Unity in diversity: One of the most well-known festivals is 'The Abha brings us together the festival.' As the name suggests, this art show brings together various local artists. More than 300 male and female artists from the region display their work at this event to be recognized as the best in the area.