Al Habala, also known as The Hanging Village, is a beautiful place with a long history that goes back more than 370 years. The settlement, situated at the height of 2000 meters, is referred to as a 'hanging village' because of its placement beneath a rocky cliff that slopes away from the edge of the steep Sarawat Mountains by around 300 meters. As a result, the hamlet takes on a specific shape that gives the impression that it is suspended in space. The area offers a variety of tourist activities, such as visiting lush parks, climbing mountains, and taking cable cars to view valley vistas.
The village offers a variety of natural and historical enthusiasts attractions, from an intriguing past and beautiful landscapes to a quaint ambiance and recreational opportunities.
- Take a cable car: Riding in a cable car is a fun and exciting experience. In addition, the only way to settle is by cable car. Buy a ticket, get on the cable car, and take in the scenery. To promote tourism in the region and provide visitors with access to this spectacular natural resource, the cable car was built in the 1990s.
- Explore the neighborhood on foot and immerse yourself in the beauty: The community has all the makings of a gorgeous Mediterranean vacation resort with its lush vegetation and beautiful architecture. Visitors will find several surprises throughout the city, peppered with charming homes that feature old wooden doors.
- Experience honest luxury in authentic outlets: Most old buildings have been transformed into other tourist attractions. For example, some structures that appear to be homes are cafes where patrons may unwind outside with their families and enjoy food and beverages.
- Plan a weekend getaway in the theme park: Those thinking about taking their family to the village should visit the charming tourist park, which offers many breathtaking views. It features stunning waterfalls, majestic mountains, and a large variety of year-round visitor activities. It also has a fascinating museum, gorgeous gardens, a vast swimming pool, a historic mosque, great restaurants, well-kept pathways, and a car rental facility.
Habala Hanging Village, Abha: A Breathtaking Cliffside Retreat
Habala Hanging Village is a true marvel, clinging to the rugged cliffs of Abha, seemingly suspended in the sky. Its isolation from the bustling world below adds to the allure, making it a hidden sanctuary for those seeking a retreat in nature's embrace.
- An Architectural Marvel: Traditional Homes in the Sky - The village's unique architecture captivates visitors with its stone houses, built in harmony with the rocky landscape. These traditional homes, with their intricately designed facades and wooden balconies, showcase the skills and craftsmanship of the local inhabitants.
- Awe-Inspiring Panoramas: Views of the Asir Mountains - The Village offers unparalleled panoramic views of the Asir Mountains, with mist-shrouded peaks and lush valleys stretching as far as the eye can see. The vistas from the village are a photographer's dream and a source of tranquility for those seeking solace in nature's grandeur.
- Rich Cultural Heritage: Embracing Asir's Traditions - As part of the Asir region, Habala Village preserves the cultural heritage and traditions of its inhabitants. Visitors can immerse themselves in the age-old customs, music, and cuisine that have been passed down through generations.
- Treks and Adventures: Exploring Nature's Splendor - For adventure seekers and nature enthusiasts, this village is a gateway to exploring the natural wonders of the Asir Mountains. Treks through the surrounding landscapes reveal cascading waterfalls, hidden caves, and diverse flora and fauna.
- Village Hospitality: Warmth and Welcoming Smiles - The hospitality of the villagers adds to the charm of Habala Hanging Village. Visitors are greeted with warm smiles and traditional gestures of welcome, making them feel at home amidst the rustic charm of the village.
- Preserving the Past: Efforts in Conservation - Efforts are made to preserve the authenticity and beauty of this Village. Local initiatives focus on sustainable tourism practices and the conservation of the village's cultural and natural heritage.
Tips for Visiting Habala Hanging Village
- Access and Safety: The village is accessible via a cable car or a moderate hike. Visitors should adhere to safety guidelines and respect the natural surroundings.
- Respect Local Customs: As a traditional village, visitors should respect local customs and dress modestly.
- Photography: Capture the breathtaking landscapes and village architecture, but be mindful of the villagers' privacy and cultural sensitivities.
- Weather Consideration: The weather can change rapidly in the mountains, so visitors should be prepared for varying conditions.
Habala Hanging Village in Abha is a testament to the harmony between man and nature. With its cliffside homes, cultural heritage, and breathtaking vistas, the village invites travelers to step into a world of wonder and tranquility. Whether seeking adventure or solace, Habala Hanging Village promises a journey to the heavens, where the spirit of the mountains embraces all who venture to this enchanting retreat.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Is there an entry fee to visit Habala Hanging Village?
A: Yes, there is an entry fee to visit Habala Hanging Village. The entry fee is SAR 25 for adults and SAR 15 for children. There are also discounts for seniors and families.
Q. Can children visit Habala Hanging Village?
A: Yes, children can visit Habala Hanging Village. The village is a popular destination for families, and there are many activities that children will enjoy, such as exploring the village, hiking, and visiting the local market.
Q. Are there any local markets or shops in the village?
A: Yes, there are a few local markets and shops in Habala Hanging Village. The markets sell souvenirs, traditional handicrafts, and local produce. The shops sell groceries, snacks, and other essential items.
Q. Can visitors spend the night in the village?
A: No, visitors cannot spend the night in Habala Hanging Village. There are no hotels or guesthouses in the village. However, there are a few hotels and guesthouses located in the nearby town of Abha.
Q. Are there any cultural events or festivals in Habala Hanging Village?
A: Yes, there are a few cultural events and festivals held in Habala Hanging Village throughout the year. These events celebrate the history and culture of the village, and they attract visitors from all over the world.
Some of the most popular events include:
- The Habala Heritage Festival, which is held in February.
- The Habala Flower Festival, which is held in May.
- The Habala Camel Festival, which is held in December.