Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is a captivating haven located in Brisbane, Australia, where nature enthusiasts and animal lovers alike can experience the wonders of the unique Australian wildlife. Established in 1927, it holds the prestigious title of being the world's first and largest koala sanctuary. Nestled amidst lush eucalyptus forests along the banks of the Brisbane River, you are immediately greeted by a chorus of native birds and the rustling of leaves, creating a symphony of nature's melodies.
Lone Pine is home to over 130 koalas, making it a sanctuary like no other. Here, you have the rare opportunity to observe these endearing creatures up close, witness their playful antics, and even have a chance to cuddle one! You can marvel at the agility of kangaroos as you hand-feed them, watch in awe as the elusive platypus swims gracefully in its enclosure, or witness the vibrant colors of lorikeets as they swoop down for a feeding frenzy. From wombats to dingoes, Tasmanian devils to emus, the sanctuary showcases the diverse fauna that inhabits the continent.
How to explore Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary?
- Get up close with the adorable Koala marsupials as you hold and cuddle a koala under the watchful eye of trained professionals.
- Experience the joy of hand-feeding kangaroos and wallabies while marveling at their unique characteristics and gentle nature.
- Wander through the sanctuary's vast grounds and encounter a diverse range of native Australian wildlife, including wombats, dingoes, Tasmanian devils, emus, and more.
- Attend captivating animal presentations led by knowledgeable guides who will share fascinating insights about the sanctuary's inhabitants. Watch magnificent birds of prey soar during the bird show or witness the incredible skills of sheepdogs during the sheepdog show.
- Visit the specially designed platypus enclosure to catch a glimpse of these elusive and fascinating monotremes as they swim gracefully in their habitat.
- Witness a vibrant spectacle as colorful lorikeets descend upon you for a feeding frenzy, creating a kaleidoscope of hues and sounds.
- Take a leisurely stroll through the serene eucalyptus grove, basking in the tranquility and immersing yourself in nature's beauty.
708 Jesmond Rd, Fig Tree Pocket QLD 4069, Australia