The Arkas Art Center is the first art centre in the city to feature paintings created by a number of foreign painters, in addition to being housed in a historic structure that has been renovated for the benefit of Izmir.
The centre keeps up its efforts to put on top-notch exhibitions, to advance Izmir's cultural life, and to make sure that everyone, young and old, has a respect for art.
- Go on a guided tour: The center keeps up its efforts to put on top-notch exhibitions, advance Izmir's cultural life, and make sure that everyone, young and old, has respect for art. The Arkas Art Center is the first art center in the city to feature paintings created by several foreign painters, in addition to being housed in a historic structure that has been renovated for the benefit of Izmir. It is the first art gallery where major museum and institution collections, as well as the creations of several foreign artists, are displayed, in addition to being a historic structure that has been restored to Izmir.
- Be part of the cultural exchange and appreciation: Engage with objects on display that are iconic initiatives for global recognition that share Izmir's cultural identity and instill a love of art in everyone, Arkas Art Center strives to contribute to the creative and cultural life of the nation, particularly Izmir.
- Reflect on the experience and your understanding of art, history, and broader relation to society: In keeping with Lucien Arkas' enthusiasm for collecting art, The Arkas Collection, which combines artwork from numerous creative disciplines, is made up of paintings, sculptures, carpets, tapestries, armor, and glass artifacts from Turkey and abroad that depict artistic creation during various eras. It is an endeavor to pass them down to the future generations and make them available to art fans, every piece in the collection is kept according to museum standards.
- Scan the room and see what catches your eye: Arkas Art Center was founded in response to Mr. Lucien Arkas's desire to share with art enthusiasts the Arkas Collection, which he had amassed following his interests and professional approach. Mr. Arkas is the president of the board of directors of Arkas Holding. Periodically, pieces from the Arkas Collection have been displayed in the Arkas Art Center and significant Turkish and international museums.
- Let art pull the questions out of you: The historic structure consists of 2 levels after being transformed into a contemporary art center with modern characteristics, has nine exhibition rooms and one atelier. Following the opening of the Arkas Art Center in 2011 and the Arkas Maritime History Center in 2012, Arkas Art Urla launched in September 2020 to reach a broad audience with art and enhance Izmir's cultural life. The French government granted Arkas Holding a 20-year lease for cultural and artistic uses on the sea-viewing side of the French Honorary Consulate Building, one of the most outstanding examples of its era and operation in Izmir since 1875. The structure was inaugurated in 2011 as the ''Arkas Art Center'' after a year of repair work.